Sunday, July 1, 2012

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound..." A song I've heard and sung along to all of my life. Today, the song spoke to me. "My chains are gone, I've been set free" has never meant to me what it meant to me today. In one week God has seen me broken, molded me, and moved my heart. I am completely a work in progress. Every day is a battle, but a battle that WILL be won with my God by my side.

Hebrews 10:35-36 says "So don't throw away your confidence-it brings great reward. You need to endure so that you can receive the promises after you do God's will"

Most of my struggle is trying to understand "why"... Why did this happen? What will happen next? Where will I end up? Why would God let me suffer? -- It is when I read passages like these that God gives me the peace that no matter what the "why" is in any situation, it is because he is building me up.

Soul Detox day 7's devotion is from Colossians 3:1-7

"Think about the things above and not the things on earth. You died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory." (Colossians 3:2-4)

I have needed a cleanse of my life. From a lot of things. I didn't want to see it or give it up because I had become so involved, so wrapped up in the thoughts and wishes that I had. It is a struggle each day not to think about, or even wish for, some of these things again. I HAVE to let them go to get to GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment